One of our Facebook community has set a new record for the longest post on our page with 8 lengthy questions that are all really relevant and worth repeating here via our blog.
The Facebook user posed some initial questions in her preamble that are worth addressing:
- I am a prolific note taker – then you’ll find this to be an invaluable tool
- I am going to a week long conference in the States next month which prompted me to think there is probably a better way to collate the learnings from such an event? – Interestingly, 5 years ago when I started Smartpen, I headed off to the US for a two week trip with my very first Pulse smartpen – one of the conferences I attended included an unannounced speaking session from one of the founding fathers of sales methodology – Neil Rackham – and I was able to record his 45min Q&A session with my pen – a session I still refer back to today
The Questions Start…
(1) A5 v A4 – I would normally use an A4 notepad, however would start a new heading on the same page for a new meeting for example. I imagine that for the notes to be useful you would start a new one for each meeting? Therefore A5 might make more sense as otherwise you would burn through the paper too fast.
I’ve always been an A4 notepad user but have changed to the A5 notebooks as I find the pen, portfolio, plus A5 pad is compact and light – particularly if I’m moving around all day or going from meeting to meeting – at conferences, I find the portfolio and A5 notebooks perfect.
(2) Evernote – when the file goes into Evernote is there a way to tag it as part of that process, or do you do that once its in Evernote?
Yes. Once it’s in Evernote you can add tags
(3) To Dos – if there are action items that come out of a meeting, have people come up with clever ways to annotate them so that you can collate them easily into a to do list?
Hmm, something we discuss with Livescribe all the time – not sure what is planned but I’d say – watch this space…
(4) Folio – I currently have a folio for my notebook, so imagine that the folio that also holds the pen makes sense. Are they popular?
Hugely popular. As I noted above, I use mine every day and our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th most popular products are the mobility bundles (2GB and 4GB) and the 8GB WiFi ProPack (which includes the folio)
(5) Calculator – the notes make mention of a calculator in the books. I am not sure I understand how that works live as you press them? Where does the answer show?
The answer shows on the LED screen – it’s so simple to use. Keep in mind you can also use the nav plus icon to launch a live calculator whereby what you write on the page becomes a calculation on the screen – this is really useful if you need to do calculations in the middle of a meeting and not let anyone else know what you’re doing
(6) Conferences – If I am attending a large conference, do I need to consider the 3D recording headset? I don’t fully understate the added benefit of that. –
Yes – I know I’ biased but it will help with audio capture
(7) Size – what sort of volume do you need to be doing to warrant the 2 v 4 v 8?
Tough question…the 8GB WiFi pro pack is good value, but then again, I think the 2GB or 4GB Mobility packs are better value.
(8) Notes to editable text or pdf – Is there an ability to get the notes in a typed form? Or is that not possible yet?
Watch this space…Can’t say much more or I’ll get in trouble…
Follow Up Questions…
If you’ve read this and have any follow up questions – feel free to drop a comment below – or join the conversation on Facebook…